Wednesday, January 28, 2009

OM10 at the Royal Botanical Gardens

























Awhile ago I became obsessed with getting a digital SLR camera. I overcame the belief that I NEEDED TO HAVE ONE by reminding myself that I had a perfectly good (and equally bulky) Olympus OM10 that I hadn't touched for maybe 10 years. A few weeks ago I bought film for it and last week I went to the botanical gardens and reacquainted myself with F-stops. The resulting photos are nice, but nothing out of the ordinary, but I expected that; I will have to run a lot more film through the camera before I'm decent at looking through a lens again.

4 comments:

Greg G said...

I like them. Did you take pictures of any statues or buildings?

D said...

i like too!

Chay-Ya said...

yes good point, to use what you have, and often more interesting to figure out a different way there. i used to take photos with whatever i could get my hands on, disposable film cameras. photobooths, other peoples digitals, holding my eyes open really wide and then shutting them quickly and imprinting the photo in the data section of my brain...haha...and yes they are beautiful photos that you have taken! im especially excited that they are of plants!

Sarah Howell said...

Hey Chay-Ya, it's like you've said before the Botanical Gardens make for a great office/studio space. Melbourne has so many people I love, but very few places, so naturally my first photographic outing was going to be at the botantical gardens.

In answer to Greg's comment I took photo's of pavillions but only really as frames for the plants beyond.