Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ugly, Drunk and Stupid exhibition @ Town Hall Gallery, Hawthorn























The other exhibition that happened in my absence was Ugly, Drunk and Stupid at the Town Hall Gallery, Hawthorn, Victoria.

Curated by Jo Waite and Bernard Caleo the exhibition was part of the 2008 Melbourne Fringe Festival.

The format for the show was a portrait of an "Ugly, Drunk, and/or Stupid" character and a landscape format comic featuring this character.

I decided to use as the starting point the caricature of Paris Hilton I drew during one the Zine Cloud word game exercises back in June where I ended up with the words "Paris Hilton, "Smoking" and "Sword".

The resulting comic is the first I've done in a long time that aims to be funny and has a lot of words. Overall I was pretty happy with it.

Broken windows aside the opening apparently went well with a fine collection of secondhand sherry glasses provided by Jo.

More photos.

No comments: