Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Flinders Island - Lets Get It Strait

















































And so I leave Alice Springs 11am monday 6th and arrive on Flinders Island 9am Tuesday 7th.

I'm on Flinders Island working for Tasdance at the Flinders Island District School, a school of about 90 students from grades K - 10.

The Tasdance project is a community contemporary dance performance called Lets Get It Strait and is to take place as part of 2009 Ten Days on the Island. My initial brief was to work with students in all grades to generate stories and imagery that the choreographers could take inspiration from.

As a way of leaving something behind as a reminder about the project I created this window display(half finished in this photo) by reproducing select images created by the students. The original landscapes I used here are by students from the prep class.

No comments: